January 16, 2012

my new snood


Since moving to Madison, Mike and I have found a new store, Canvas- Lands End.  After the closing of Martin and Osa and the sky high J. Crew prices we needed to find another option. Canvas has young preppy, stylish, quality clothes for men and women.  They also have a great online store and they even send you a hand written note every time you order something from them, how sweet!

We were shopping there this weekend and I came across a gorgeous cream and navy striped snood.  Instead of buying it I was on a mission to make my own!  As Mike was checking out I frantically counted the stitches to help create my remake.  Here is the pattern I made up, it was SUPER DUPER easy! XO

I used...
  • size 13 us needles (circular) 
  • loops and thread (charisma) yarn in dark blue and off white
Cast on 56 stitches (blue)

Knit in the round


Row 1: Knit (blue)
Row 2: Pearl (blue)
Row 3: Knit (white)
Row 4: Pearl (white)


Continue this until you have 11 white stripes then...
Row 1: Knit (blue)
Row 2: Pearl (blue)
Row 3: Knit (blue)


Cast off and weave/tie in ends!


Let me know if you have questions- this is the first pattern I've typed up. Happy Knitting!!

3 comments:

  1. Great Job you little snood.....I LOVE it!!!!!! And you too!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I you make me one too? I will pay! Ps. Obsessed with your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete